New Children’s Book Series, Cohanzick Lenape Village Tales



New children’s book series, Cohanzick Lenape Village Tales by Tyrese Gould Jacinto, offers imagination of stories that brings the past to life. 

Often times, we Natives are portrayed as something that is from the past. When in fact, we are alive and thriving, and there are many artists out there that are underrepresented or never mentioned in mainstream media.

We are aware, and it is evident that we are very under-represented in movies, commercials, and television and primarily as a subject of books, and many artists should be acknowledged and encouraged to publish their stories.

I have decided to publish this book series for my children and grandchildren so they could have these stories from me in their hearts and to be able to pass this down like any other books that they love.

I am incredibly excited that I can join such a small group of talented Native American authors. It took a lot of courage for me to put my story in print, but I did it. We must encourage others to tell their story and give them access to be able to publish.

I wrote these book’s Tale of the Turkeys’ Detailed Tale, The Creator’s Great Soup, The Blossoms of Bright Flower, The Wishing Doll, and Whisper Wind Song, and this is just the beginning. Like all others. I have many stories in my heart that I would like to publish so that I can share them all with my children and my grandchildren and for future generations as a part of my legacy. 

It is an honor to be able to share my book and my talents with the world. If we do not share it with you, then you will not remember us.

Please encourage the schools and teachers to focus on these books and other stories written by Native American Authors.

Thank you and God bless.

Want More?  Check out these other great sites!

Find us on Social Media!
Download our App on Apple or Android!

Email Us: 

To drop us a line:
NAAC
PO Box 824
Bridgeton, NJ 08302

Comments

Popular Posts