Ancestral Harmony: Reflecting on My Journey Among Lichens and Moss

Picture
Step back with me into the embrace of the Cohanzick Longhouse Sanctuary, where I once wandered amidst the ancient lichens and moss, feeling the gentle whispers of my Indigenous ancestors resonating through the soil. In that mystical haven, the energy of the land pulsed with the echoes of generations past, guiding my every step on a warm winter day under the super new moon of February 9th, 2024.

As I trod softly upon the earth, the roots of the towering trees intertwined with the essence of those who had walked before me. Their presence was tangible, their wisdom palpable, as the branches swayed in harmony with the gentle breeze, carrying the timeless melody of the land.

At that moment, I was not alone. I felt the spirits of my ancestors dancing around me, their guidance shaping my journey as I immersed myself in the rhythms of nature. With each breath, I embraced the deep connection to the land and to those who had called it home for millennia.

As I offered my intentions to the earth, I felt a profound sense of belonging wash over me. I acknowledged my place among the dust of my ancestors, recognizing the legacy they had left behind and the responsibility I carried to honor it.

In that sanctuary of ancestral wisdom, I was reminded of the importance of cherishing the past, living fully in the present, and striving to create a future rooted in harmony and respect. My journey among the lichens and moss was not just a walk through the forest but a spiritual awakening, a reconnection with my roots, and a celebration of the timeless bond between humanity and the land.
For more information about our Cohanzick Reserve and Longhouse Sanctuary, click the link below.
Picture


from "BRIGHT FLOWER" - New! https://ift.tt/MeyYSfB

Comments